Candidates for the programme must have one of the following qualifications obtained from any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of parliament or declared to be deemed as a university under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India, or an equivalent qualification from an institution approved by AICTE.
A master's degree in any discipline with at least 60% marks or equivalent grade point average.
A professional qualification - CA/ICWA/CS with graduation degree with atleast 60% marks or equivalent
4 years / 8 semester bachelor's degree (B.E./B. Tech./B. Arch. etc.) with at least 6.5 CGPA or equivalent percentage.
Note: In addition to the above academic eligibility, minimum 60 percent marks in Secondary (Class X) and Senior Secondary (Class XII) is required.
IIM Kashipur invites applications from SC/ST candidates for a Special Drive to nurture them for future faculty positions in IIMs. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) and Persons-with-Disabilities will be given a 5% relaxation in the minimum marks requirement.*
* Subject to the approval of the BoG.
Those who are appearing for their final year examination in the current academic year may also apply. However, their admission to the programme, if selected, will be provisional subject to their successful completion of all requirements for completing the relevant degree before 30 June 2020 (a letter needs to be obtained by the PhD scholar from the Head of the concerned Institution to this effect) and compulsorily producing the degree completion certificates by 31st December 2020 (satisfying all the eligibility criteria). The provisional admission of any such scholar (if any) subsequently failing to conform to all the stipulated admission eligibility criteria by 31st December 2020 will be summarily terminated and no further correspondence will be entertained (monthly fellowship and any other applicable grant w.e.f. July 2020 for these candidates will be released only if they clear all eligibility criteria by 31st December 2020).
Work experience in industry or academics (in reputed organizations), though not mandatory, will be given due credit in the selection process. The work experience as full-time executives or as management teachers in an organization/institution of repute is only considered as the valid experience.
Reservation norms for Fellow Programme in Management PhD
As per Government of India requirements, 27% of the seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “Non-Creamy” layer (NC-OBC), 15% for Scheduled Caste (SC), 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates and 5% for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PWD).
As defined in The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPwD Act 2016), “person with benchmark disability” means a person with not less than forty percent (40%) of a specified disability where specified disability has not been defined in measurable terms and includes a person with disability where specified disability has been defined in measurable terms, as certified by the certifying authority. “Specified disability” means the disabilities as specified in the Schedule of the RPwD Act 2016. The categories of disability are:
- blindness and low vision,
- deaf and hard of hearing,
- locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy,
- autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness,
- multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d), and
- other ‘specified disabilities’ mentioned in ‘The Schedule’ of the RPwD Act 2016.
The candidates belonging to categories for which seats are reserved need to note and read carefully the eligibility requirements before applying. It should be noted that while it is the endeavor of IIM Kashipur that the candidates belonging to NC-OBC/OBC/SC/ST/PWD categories join the programme in proportions mandated by the law, they have to meet the eligibility criteria and a certain minimum level of performance in the selection process to be considered for final admission.
The candidates will be shortlisted (on the recommendation of the respective areas) on the based information provided in the application form. The selection process is as follows:
- The candidates satisfying the academic eligibility criteria as mentioned above should submit their application online. Eligibility also means candidates require a standard test score, from any one of the acceptable tests (test taken in the calendar year 2017 onwards only will be considered) for the area(s) of specialization they are applying to, as shown below. Applicants to take Common Admission Test (CAT) in 2019 or depending on chosen specializations, alternative test scores in lieu of the CAT score as specified below.
- Communications: CAT / GMAT / GRE/ UGC-JRF in relevant discipline.
- Economics: CAT / GMAT / GRE/ UGC-JRF in relevant discipline.
- Finance and Accounting: CAT / GMAT / GRE / UGC-JRF in relevant discipline.
- Human Resource and Organizational Behaviour: CAT / GMAT / GRE / UGC-JRF in relevant discipline
- Information Technology and Systems: CAT / GMAT / GRE / GATE/ UGC-JRF in relevant discipline.
- Marketing: CAT / GMAT / GRE/ UGC-JRF in relevant discipline.
- Operations Management and Decision Sciences: CAT / GMAT / GRE / GATE/ UGC-JRF in relevant discipline
- Public Policy and Governance: CAT / GMAT / GRE/ UGC-JRF in relevant discipline
- Strategy: CAT/ GRE/ GMAT/UGC-JRF in any discipline in relevant discipline
- Based on the applications received, candidates satisfying Academic eligibility criteria and acceptable standard test the shortlisting will be done by the respective Areas and candidates will be called for Personal Interview (PI), to be conducted at IIM Kashipur on 7th April 2020. PI determines the academic preparation of the candidate for the specific area he/she has applied. An applicant can apply at most to two different areas of specialization.
- IIM Kashipur also expects a consistent and minimum performance in the different parameters of Personal Interview (PI), which will be decided by Admissions Committee. Candidates not meeting the minimum performance in any of PI parameters will not be considered for the next stage of the selection process i.e. Stage-4.
- Final selection will be based on the requirements of the academic area to which the candidate has applied and an area-wise offer list will be prepared by the Areas only.
Only the candidates satisfying the requirements mentioned in earlier stages will be considered for the final selection. Category-wise and Academic Area-wise merit list will be generated based on the performance in the Personal Interviews and the provisional admission offers will be made.
All matters pertaining to admission into the PhD programme at IIM Kashipur is governed by the decisions taken by the Doctoral Admissions Committee.
Candidates seeking admission to the programme are required to submit an online application: Link 1 or Link 2 on or before 25th January 2020. The printed copy of filled application form along with necessary documents (copy of educational certificate, work experience, CAT / GMAT / GRE/ UGC-JRF score) should reach the Admission Office, IIM Kashipur, Kundeshwari, Kashipur, Udham Singh Nagar, Uttarakhand -244713 on or before 31st January 2020 through Speed/Registered Post only.
A fee of Rs. 1000/- payable for the application process. The application fee is exempted for SC and ST category applicants. Applicants may transfer the money in Institutes account through NEFT. The required details are as follows:
Beneficiary Name: Indian Institute of Management Kashipur
Beneficiary A/c No: 33809601691
A/c Type: Saving Bank account
IFSC Code: SBIN0017263
Beneficiary Bank: State Bank of India
Bank Address: IIM Kashipur, Bazpur Road, Kashipur
For any technical query/problem during filling of application form, please contact response[at]iimkashipur[dot]ac[dot]in
For any query related to the application process, you may please contact –
+91- 7900444091 (Ext-312)