SUNIL KUMAR JAUHARAssistant Professor Operations Management & Decision Sciences 91-7900444090 (Ext-230) email@example.com
Dr. Sunil Kumar Jauhar holds M. Tech in Industrial Engineering from Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology Nagpur and Ph.D. in Operations and Supply Chain Management from the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee. He was a Postdoctoral Fellow at Ted Rogers School of Management, Ryerson University, Canada during 2018–19.
Prior to joining IIM Kashipur, he was a faculty member at the Indian Institute of Management Jammu. His research interests include Supply Chain Sustainability, Circular Economy, Industry 4.0, Multi-Criteria Decision Making, Performance Measurement, and Soft computing techniques. He has contributed several articles in research journals. A few among them are the Annals of Operations Research, Journal of Computational Science and Sadhana-Academy Proceedings in Engineering Sciences.
He is a member of several research societies such as the Institute for Operations Research and Management Sciences (INFORMS), Decision Sciences Institute (DSI), and the Canadian Operational Research Society (CORS). Currently, he is involved in the Indo-Czech joint R&D Project under the India-Czech Scientific and Technological Cooperation Programme. This is a project funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India and the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (MEYS) of the Republic of Czech.
- Murugesan, V. S., Jauhar, S. K., & Sequeira, A. H. (2021). Applying simulation in lean service to enhance the operational system in Indian postal service industry. Annals of Operations Research, 1-25.
- Murugesan, V. S., Sequeira, A. H., Shetty, D. S., & Jauhar, S. K. (2020). Enhancement of mail operational performance of India post facility layout using AHP. International Journal of System Assurance Engineering and Management, 11(2), 261-273.
- Murugesan, V. S., Sequeira, A. H., Jauhar, S. K., & Kumar, V. (2020). Sustainable postal service design: integrating quality function deployment from the customers perspective. International Journal of System Assurance Engineering and Management,11(2), 494–505.
- Jauhar, S. K., Pant, M., & Dutt, R. (2018). Performance measurement of an Indian higher education institute: a sustainable educational supply chain management perspective. International Journal of System Assurance Engineering and Management, 9(1), 180-193.
- Jauhar, S. K., & Pant, M. (2017). Integrating DEA with DE and MODE for sustainable supplier selection. Journal of computational science, 21, 299-306.
- Ali, I., Pant, M., Rana, U. S., & Jauhar, S. K. (2017). DEA for measuring the academic performance of a higher educational institute of Uttarakhand, India. Int J Comput Inform Syst Indust Manag Appl, 9, 206-17.
- Jauhar, S. K., Pant, M., & Nagar, A. K. (2017). Sustainable educational supply chain performance measurement through DEA and differential evolution: A case on Indian HEI. Journal of Computational Science, 19, 138-152.
- Jauhar, S. K., & Pant, M. (2016). Genetic algorithms in supply chain management: a critical analysis of the literature. Sādhanā, 41(9), 993-1017.
- Jauhar, S. K., Pant, M., & Nagar, M. C. (2015). Differential evolution for sustainable supplier selection in pulp and paper industry: a DEA based approach. Comput. Methods Mater. Sci, 15.
- Jauhar, S. K., Achwal,V., Singh, G. & Sharma, T. K. (2013). Quality Circle Implementation for New Machine Development in Plastic Industry. Advances in Asian Social Science, 4(4), 920-923.
- Jauhar, S., Tillasi,P., Choudhary R. & Sharma T. K. (2013). Eurozone Crises: A Literature Review. Advances in Applied Economics and Finance, 4(2), 686-689.
- Jauhar, S., Asthankar,K. M., Kuthe, A.M. (2012). Cost Benefit Analysis of Rapid Manufacturing in Automotive Industries. Advances in Mechanical Engineering and its Applications. 2(3), 181-188.
- Jauhar, S. (2012). Value Analysis in Galvanization Process: A Cost Reduction approach. Advances in Mechanical Engineering and its Applications. 2(3), 213-220.
Operations and Supply Chain Management
Theories in Operations Management
Seminar for Research Methods
He is involved in the Indo-Czech joint R&D Project under the India-Czech Scientific and Technological Cooperation Programme. This is a project funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India and the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (MEYS) of the Republic of Czech
- Received Post Doc Fellowship of Ted Rogers School of Management, Ryerson University. Toronto, Canada during Jan. 2018 to Jan. 2019.
- Best Paper Award for the paper “Time Table Scheduling for Educational Sector on an E-Governance Platform: A Solution from an Analytics Company” in the International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IEOM) held in Bandung, Indonesia, March 6-8, 2018.
- Got second prize in the event "Junkyard Warz" during technical fest COGNIZANCE 2013, IIT Roorkee, 2013.
- Stood second among 12 students in the M.Tech program in Industrial Engineering in Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT) Nagpur, India, 2010.
July 2020 - Till Now: OM&DS Area Chair, IIM Kashipur