Dr. Ashish Kumar Garg has obtained his Ph.D in Finance from Haryana Business School, India. His Ph. D dissertation examined the Impact Foreign Institutional Investment on Indian Stock Market. Prior to joining IIM Kashipur, he had worked with IIM Raipur and LBSIM, Delhi. He has no. of national and international publications in his account. His research work has appeared in the Journals of International repute like Springer, Sage, EBSCO host database. He has also presented a number of research papers in international and national conferences also.
He taught various courses such as Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Corporate Finance, Investment Management, Business Valuation, Fixed Income Securities, and Behavioural Finance. His research work is primarily focused on stock market, foreign investment and behavioural finance.
- Badhani, K.N. and Garg, Ashish, “Market Timing Skills of Foreign Institutional Investors in India, is accepted for publication by IIMB Management Review. Publication of IIM Bangalore and Elsevier.
- Chattopadhyay, Manojeet, Garg, Ashish and Mitra, S.K., “Herding by Foreign Institutional Investors: An Evidential Exploration for Persistence and Predictability”, Journal of Behavioural Finance, Vol. 19, No. 1, Jan. 2018, pp. 73-88. Publisher Taylor and Francis.
- Garg, Ashish and Kumar Dilip, “Return and Volatility Transmission between Crude Oil and Agricultural Commodities” International Review of Business Research Papers. Vol. 7, No. 2, Sep. 2016, pp. 141-151.
- Garg, Ashish, Mitra, S.K. and Kumar, Dilip, “Do Foreign Investors Herd in Emerging Markets? A Study of Individual Stocks”, Decision, Volume 43, Issue 3 (2016), Page 281-300. Publisher: IIM, Kolkata & Springer.
- Garg, Ashish and Mitra, S.K., “A Study of Lead-Lag Relationship of Stock Market Return and FIIs”, Decision, Vol. 42, Issue 3, pp. 279-292 (2015). Publisher: Publisher: IIM, Kolkata & Springer International.
- Garg, Ashish and Varshney, Pankaj, “Momentum Effect in Indian Stock Market: A Sectoral Study” Global Business Review, Vol.16 issue 3, pp. 494 -510 (2015). Publisher: International Management Institute (IMI), Delhi & Sage Publication.
- Garg, Ashish and Gulati, Rachita “Do Investors Herd in Indian Market” Decision, Volume 40, Issue 3 (2014), Page 181-196. Publisher: IIM, Kolkata & Springer
- Tripathy, Naliniprava and Garg, Ashish, “Forecasting Stock Market Volatility: Evidence from Six Emerging Markets” Journal of International Business and Economy (JIBE), Vol. 14 Issue 2, pp. 69-93. (2013) Publisher: College of Business, San Francisco State University & the Institute for Industrial Policy Studies, United States.
- Garg, Ashish and Bodla, B.S.,“Impact of The Foreign Institutional Investments on Stock Market: An Indian Evidence” ‘Indian Economic Review’, Vol. 46, No. 2, pp. 303-322, (2011). ISSN 0019-4670, Publisher: Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University.
- Chauhan, Ajay and Garg, Ashish, “An Analysis of the Feedback Trading Behavior of Foreign Institutional Investors and Mutual Funds in Indian Stock Market: An Empirical Study” Journal of Applied Research in Finance, Volume II, Issue 4, pp.110-120, ISSN: 2066-5482, Winter Issues (2010), Publisher: European Centre of Managerial and Business Studies, Romania.
- Garg, Ashish; Bodla, B.S. and Chhabra, Sangeeta, “Seasonal Anomalies in Stock Returns: A Study of Developed and Emerging Markets”, IIMS Journal of Management Science, Vol. 1, No. 2, Jul.-Dec. 2010, pp.165-179, ISSN: 0976-030X and online ISSN: 0976-173X, Publisher: Indian Institute of Management, Shillong
||Financial Reporting Analysis