Dr. Ashish Kumar Garg has obtained his Ph.D in Finance from Haryana Business School, India. His Ph. D dissertation examined the Impact Foreign Institutional Investment on Indian Stock Market. Prior to joining IIM Kashipur, he had worked with IIM Raipur and LBSIM, Delhi. He has no. of national and international publications in his account. His research work has appeared in the Journals of International repute like Springer, Sage, EBSCO host database. He has also presented a number of research papers in international and national conferences also.
He taught various courses such as Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Corporate Finance, Investment Management, Business Valuation, Fixed Income Securities, and Behavioural Finance. His research work is primarily focused on stock market, foreign investment and behavioural finance.
- Garg, Ashish and Gulati, Rachita "Does Investors Herd in Indian Market" Decision, Volume 40, Issue 3 (2014), Page 181-196. Publisher: IIM, Kolkata & Springer International available at http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40622-013-0015-z. (2013)
- Tripathy, Naliniprava and Garg, Ashish, "Forecasting Stock Market Volatility: Evidence from Five Emerging Markets" Journal of International Business and Economy (JIBE), Vol. 14 Issue 2, pp. 69-93. (2013) Publisher: College of Business, San Francisco State University & The Institute for Industrial Policy Studies, United States.
- Chauhan, Ajay and Garg, Ashish, "An Analysis of the Feedback Trading Behavior of Foreign Institutional Investors and Mutual Funds in Indian Stock Market: An Empirical Study" Journal of Applied Research in Finance, Volume II, Issue 2(4), pp.110-120, ISSN: 2066-5482, Winter Issues (2010), Publisher: European Centre of Managerial and Business Studies, Romania.
- Garg, Ashish and Varshney, Pankaj, "Momentum Effect in Indian Stock Market: A Sectoral Study" accepted for publication in Global Business Review. Publisher: International Management Institute (IMI), Delhi & Sage Publication.
- Garg, Ashish and Mitra, S.K "A Study of Lead-Lag Relationship of Stock Market Return and FIIs", accept by Decision for publication in forthcoming issue. Publisher: IIM, Kolkata & Springer International
- Garg, Ashish and Bodla, B.S.,"Impact of The Foreign Institutional Investments on Stock Market: An Indian Evidence" 'Indian Economic Review', Vol. 46, No. 2, pp. 303-322, ISSN 0019-4670, Publisher: Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University.
- Garg, Ashish; Bodla, B.S. and Chhabra, Sangeeta, "Seasonal Anomalies in Stock Returns: A Study of Developed and Emerging Markets", IIMS Journal of Management Science, Vol. 1, No. 2, Jul.-Dec. 2010, pp.165-179, ISSN: 0976-030X and online ISSN: 0976-173X, Publisher: Indian Institute of Management, Shillong.
- Garg, Ashish and Chhabra, Sangeeta, "Trading Behavior of Institutional Investors Across Week Days: An Indian Evidence", ICFAI Journal of Applied Finance, Vol.16, No.2, February 2010, pp. 33-51, ISSN: 0972-5105, Publisher: ICFAI University Press.
- Garg, Ashish and Chauhan, Ajay, "Impact of Developed World Market on Indian Industrial Portfolios' Return: An Empirical Evidence" ICFAI Journal of Applied Finance, Vol.18, No.1, Jan. – Mar. 2012, pp. 35-59, ISSN: 0972-5105, Publisher: ICFAI University Press.
- Garg, Ashish and Jindal, Kiran, "Herding Behaviour in Emerging Stock Market: Empirical Evidence from India", IUP Journal of Applied Finance, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 28-40, 2014, Publisher: ICFAI University Press.
- Garg, Ashish and Kumar, Kundan, "Option Pricing Models of Private Eqity Valuation: A Comparative Analysis", IUP Journal of Applied Finance, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. , 2014, Publisher: ICFAI University Press
- Garg, Ashish and Chhabra, Sangeeta, "Seasonal Anomalies in Selected Asian Stock Markets", NIFM Journal of Public Financial Management, Vol.1, No.2, Jul.-Dec. 2009, pp. 27-38, ISSN: Publisher: National Institute of Financial Management, Faridabad.
- Bodla, B.S. and Kumar, Ashish, "Foreign Institutional Investors & Macro Economic Variables in India: A Study of Causal Relation," Paradigm, Vol.XIII, No.2, Jul.-Dec. 2009, pp. 80-87, ISSN: 0971-8907, Publisher: IMT, Ghaziabad.
- Garg, Ashish and Dahiya, Suman, "Stock Market Return & Volatility: A Study of Five Most Emerging Markets of World", Finance India, Vol. 28, No. 3, September 2014, pp. 949-965. Pulisher: Indian Institute of Finance, New Delhi.
- Garg, Ashish and Bodla, B.S., "Determinants of FIIs in Indian Stock Market", Abhigyan, Vol. 26, No. 4, Jan.-Mar. 2009, pp. 12-24, ISSN: 0970-2385, Publisher: Fore School of Management, New Delhi.
||Financial Reporting Analysis