2nd Management Education and Research Colloquium
May 14th-15th, 2020
Indian Institute of Management Kashipur
Kashipur – 244713
The aim of this annual, refereed colloquium is to provide a professional, stimulating and international environment in which selected researchers in the field of management can discuss their research results and ideas, establish informal networks, and initiate future collaborative research works. The colloquium also connects early career with experienced researchers, including IIM Kashipur's about 30 faculty members. The colloquium features two workshops, a plenary session, and a gala dinner. Both empirical and theoretical papers will be considered.
Abstracts are invited on the following themes. Submissions are welcome in a range of topics that covers all research areas in management including:
• Accounting and Finance
• Business Analytics
• Business Communications
• Economics and Business Environment
• General Management
• Marketing Management
• Operations Management and Decision Sciences
• Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources Management
• Public Policy and Governance
• Strategic Management
• Information Technology and Systems
• Workshop on Paper Development for researchers and academicians
• Workshop on Network Analysis Techniques
• Plenary session by an editor of a prominent academic Journal (ABDC) in India
*Further details will be shared shortly
Extended Abstract Submission Closes:
Communication for Acceptance:
15th April, 2020
Last Date of Registration:
30th April, 2020
14-15 May, 2020
Guidelines for Submission
- An extended abstract should be sent to the following email address: merc[at]iimkashipur[dot]ac[dot]in
- Please name your submission document (only in pdf format) as Track_Submission_Name e.g. Marketing Management_Submission_Name.
- One extended abstract should be submitted only to one track.
- Extended abstract formatting:
• No more than 2000 words (including references, figures, and tables)
• Follow APA style referencing
• Number all pages
• There must be no author identifying information in the extended abstract.
• All author details including affiliations and contact details must be clearly mentioned in the body of the email.
• The ‘Subject Line’ of the email must clearly mention the track to which the extended abstract is submitted.
N.B. The submitted papers can be used for publication elsewhere.
• Participants can register under two categories: (1) Presenter, (2) Non-presenter.
• Non-presenters will have the opportunity to attend all track sessions and workshops.
• There is a registration fee of ₹3500 for presenter and non-presenter participants.
• The registration fee covers colloquium kit, all meals during the colloquium, accommodation on single-occupancy basis (maximum three nights), one gala dinner.
• Participants have to cover their travel expenses.
• Guest accompanying the registered participants will only be allowed food and accommodation with prior notification and fee of ₹2500 will be charged per head.
Three best paper awards based on the criteria laid out by the panel of experts.
About the Institute
The Indian Institute of Management Kashipur is set up in the state of Uttarakhand, with the objective of providing quality management education while sensitizing students towards the needs of the society. IIM Kashipur commenced operations from July 2011 and offers Post Graduate Programme in Management(MBA), a two-year full time residential programme. The rigorous curriculum seeks to instill a passion for knowledge and ability to apply that knowledge to real life scenarios. The programme lays emphasis on all-round personality development and inculcates the values of leadership and integrity. The institute also offers an executive Post Graduate Programme(MBA-WX), full-time residential Doctoral Programme(PhD) and an executive Doctoral Programme(EFPM). The institute is located in one of the unmatched locations. With the mighty Himalayan foothills in the background presenting a scenic view of snow-clad peaks in winters, Jim Corbett National Park and Nainital a drive away, it offers a plethora of unexplored getaways making it anyone’s dream institute. Located at about 220 km to the east of Delhi, Kashipur is connected to major cities by road and rail. The institute is well-linked by road which connects all the major cities like Moradabad, Bareilly, Lucknow and Delhi by wide rail network.The nearest airport at Pantnagar offers daily flights from Delhi and is located 72 km from Kashipur. From Delhi, NH-24 leads to Moradabad after which a 50 km stretch directs to Kashipur. IIM Kashipur is located in Kundeshwari, about 9 kms from the railway station. Major Hotels around IIM Kashipur are Anand Castle, Gautami Heights, The Manor, Ananya, etc.
For queries contact:merc[at]iimkashipur[dot]ac[dot]in