Indian and foreign nationals living, working or studying outside India for a period of 18 months (continuous stay overseas).
In order to be eligible to apply for Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP), a candidate must have at least a Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The equivalence of the foreign degree needs to be certified by the Association of Indian Universities. The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate for the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree. In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if he/she submits a certificate at the time of joining from the Principal/Registrar of his/her College/Institute stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
Following are the selection criteria:
1. CAT/GMAT score (30% weight for the score exceeding the minimum required).
2. Work Experience (WE) score (20% weight).
3. Score for Past Academic Performance (PAP) (20% weight).
4. Scores of any other component including remote interviews over telephone/video conferencing as may be decided by the Institute (30% weight).
5. Those shortlisted applicants, who will be present in India any time during the third week of May 2019, may be required to undergo personal interviews at IIM Kashipur.
(i) Candidates applying using their GMAT scores should be in the top 15-percentile bracket with a minimum score of 670 (GMAT scores valid for 2019).
(ii) Those who apply using CAT 2018 score should be at least in the top 15-percentile bracket.
Number of Seats
For 2019-21 batch, the seats are limited to 12.
The total fee payable by an overseas applicant (including lodging, but excluding food charges) is US$20000 per year. Food charges as per actuals similar to Indian students.
The course commences tentatively from 2nd week of July 2019. For details, visit IIM Kashipur website.
Offer Acceptance Fee & Withdrawal
An overseas candidate receiving an admission offer from IIM Kashipur and accepting the offer within the stipulated date and time need to send Offer Acceptance and an Offer Acceptance fee of US$3,000 or equivalent rupee amount. A candidate can subsequently withdraw the admission within the withdrawal date and time specified in the admission offer letter. In this case, offer acceptance fee will be refunded after deducting 20% as processing charges. If a candidate registers for the programme, his/her offer acceptance fee will be adjusted against Term I Fee. In the event of withdrawal from the PGP Programme after registration, NO refund of offer acceptance fee or Term Fee will be made.
How to Apply
Overseas candidates seeking admission to the two-year residential Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) should have a GMAT score valid for 2019 and apply in the prescribed form available on our website (Download The file ( bytes) ). The completed Application Form and Recommendation Letter should be sent to IIM Kashipur along with the following:
1. Arrange to send a copy of the latest GMAT score certificate (valid for 2019), to IIM Kashipur.
2. Self-attested copy of all academic mark-sheets/certificates (Class X, XII & Graduation etc.).
3. Three letters of references from the employers or relevant faculties from the organization or institutions where the candidate has worked or studied (at least one of the letters should be from the last institution attended).
4. Copy of all Passport pages having official entries.
5. Admission opens on January 1, 2019, and closes on April 15, 2019, communication to the shortlisted applicants will be made on June 10, 2018.
For other details please visit Download The file ( bytes)
Contact for Further Information:
Indian Institute of Management Kashipur
District-Udham Singh Nagar
Phone No: +91 – 7088270882/7900444090/7900444091/7900444092/7900444093 (Extn. 312)
IIM Kashipur reserves the right to make changes in the shortlisting and selection criteria, if considered necessary at any point. Any dispute concerning Admissions for PGP Batch 2019-21 would be subject to the jurisdiction of the competent courts within the territorial jurisdiction of the city of Kashipur Only.
© This document is released by IIM Kashipur Academic Council through Admissions office, Indian Institute of Management