Finance and Accounting+91-7088270882
Dr. K N Badhani is Ph. D. in Finance and an Associate Member of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India (AICWA). He is the rank holder in ICWA Final Examination of year 1995. He has also qualified NET and was awarded Junior Research Fellowship by the UGC.
Dr. Badhani has about 21 years experience in teaching. Before joining IIM Kashipur, he has worked in Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon, the Institute of Rural Management, Anand (IRMA), Kumaun University, Nainital and HNB Garhwal University, Srinagar. His research interests include financial markets, econometric modeling and behavioral finance. He has 31 research papers published in international and national journals.
- Badhani, K. N., Kumar, A., Vo, X. V., & Tyade, M. (2022). Do institutional investors perform better in emerging markets?. International Review of Economics & Finance.
- Bansal, M., Kumar, A., & Badhani, K. N. (2021). Do Indian firms engage in classification shifting to report inflated core earnings?. Managerial Finance. https://doi.org/10.1108/MF-01-2020-0016.
- Ali, A., & Badhani, K. N. (2020). Beta-anomaly: evidence from the Indian equity market. Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, 28(1), 55-78.
- Badhani, K. N., & Kumar, A. (2020). Market timing skill of foreign portfolio investors in India. IIMB Management Review, 32(1), 24-38.
- Kumar, A., Badhani, K. N., Bouri, E., & Saeed, T. (2020). Herding behavior in the commodity markets of the Asia-Pacific region. Finance Research Letters. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.frl.2020.101813.
- Badhani, K. N. (2012). Does Nifty have a Long Memory? Semi-parametric Estimation of Fractional Integration in Returns and Volatility. Decision, 39(3), 304-941.
- Badhani, K. N., & Tripathy, N. (2010). Anomaly or rationality: An empirical study on explaining the day-of-the-week effect for S&P CNX Nifty index in India. International Journal of Business and Emerging Markets, 2(1), 23-42.
- Badhani, K. N. (2009). Response asymmetry in return and volatility spillover from the US to Indian stock market. IUP Journal of Applied Finance, 15(9), 22.
- Badhani, K. N., Chhimwal, R., & Suyal, J. (2009). Exchange rate volatility: Impact on industry portfolios in Indian stock market. IUP Journal of Applied Finance, 15(6), 33.
- Badhani, K. N. (2008). Long memory in stock returns and volatility in India: A nonparametric analysis. ICFAI Journal of Applied Finance, 14(12), 34-53.
- Badhani, K. N. (2008). Modeling Aggregate Stock Market Volatility with Structural Breaks in India. Decision, 35(2), 304-941.
- Badhani, K. N. (2008). Explaining the Volatility of Aggregate Stock Returns in India with Markov-Switching-Regime-Arch Model. Metamorphosis, 7(2), 177-201.
- Badhani, K. N., & Kavidayal, B. D. (2008). Structural Changes and the Day-of-the-Week Effect in Indian Stock Market. Finance India, 22(1), 181.
- Badhani, K. N. (2007). Intertemporal risk–return relationship in stock indices with alternative model specifications. The IUP Journal of Applied Finance, 13(7), 5-22.
- Badhani, K. N. (2007). Expiration-day effects of derivatives on price, volume and volatility of cash segment of stock market. Finance India, 21(3).
- Badhani, K. N., Kavidayal, B. D., & Kavidayal, P. C. (2006). Does Friday repeat itself on Monday? An analysis of the day-of-the-week effect on autocorrelations of stock market index returns. The ICFAI Journal of Applied Finance, 12(6), 53-66.
- Badhani, K. N. (2001). Discounted cash flow criteria for capital investment decision: a correction for continuously distributed cash flow. Finance India, 15(2), 595-604.
- Badhani, K. N. (1999). Corporate Social Accounting in Public Enterprises of India. Finance India, 13(4), 1251-1255.
- Badhani, K. N. (1997). Effects of Financial Leverage on Systematic Risk, Cost and Value of Equity Under Capital Asset Pricing Model. Finance India, 11, 343-352.