ATULAN GUHAAssociate Professor & Area Chair Economics Chair -Doctoral Program +91-7900444090 (Ext-207) email@example.com
Dr Atulan Guha is a Development Economist having teaching and research experience of over 17 years at various national level Academic Institutes of India. Currently, he is an associate professor at IIM Kashipur. Before joining IIM Kashipur, Dr Guha had been faculty at the Institute of Rural Management Anand and Institute for Studies in Industrial Development, New Delhi. At the Post-Graduate level, he has taught Macroeconomic Policy Analysis, International Trade Theory and Policy, Development Economics and India in World Economic.
Dr Guha has doctoral student who became faculty at other IIM. He has written more than 20 journal articles, book chapters and working papers. Some of the journals are Economic and Political Weekly, Australasian Journal of Information System etc. His research interests are in Development Economics that includes Open Economy-Macro Economics, Trade Policy, Structural Issues in Indian Economy and Comparative Analysis with other countries.
Dr Atulan Guha also worked for or member of various policy-making bodies of various Governments. He was Member-Convenor of the Task Force on Special Economic Zones and member of the Plan Committee on Industries for the 11th five-year plan of Kerala State Planning Board. Dr Guha was a member of the State Advisory Committee of Uttarakhand Electricity Regulatory Commission (UERC). He had been a consultant to Kerala State Planning Board. He has provided policy inputs as written reports to Govt. of Uttarakhand, Govt. of Gujarat, Govt. of Kerala and various Govt. of India ministries, including Ministry of Rural Development, Ministry of Commerce and Industries and Planning Commission. Further, he has provided consultancy services to UNICEF.
Dr Atulan Guha holds a PhD in Economics (Open Economy Macroeconomy) from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. At the post-doctoral level, he was part of the Cambridge Advanced Program on Development Economics, University of Cambridge, sponsored by the Ford Foundation. He is trained in Global Macro-Modelling, sponsored by SOAS, University of London.
- Kaler, Anshuman & Atulan Guha (2022) “The Proposed Deregulation of India’s Sugar Sector Will It Benefit Farmers?”, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. 57 (21), Pp 58-64
- Guha, Atulan., & Mukerji, Maitrayee. (2021). Determinants of Digital Divide using Demand-Supply Framework: Evidence from India. Australasian Journal of Information Systems, 25. https://doi.org/10.3127/ajis.v25i0.3029
- Guha A (2018) “Labour Under Stress in Gujarat?”, in Politics: Essays in Tribute to Randhir Singh, Edited by Dhananjay Rai, Aakar Books.
- Guha A (2017) “Sectoral Structure of Indian Growth: Could Baumol Explain It?”, Proceedings of the Conference of International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences, Vienna, ISBN 978-80-87927-42-7
- Guha A. (2017) “Role of Foreign Exchange Reserve in Exchange Rate Behaviour the Persisting Asymmetry: A Historical Account”, Proceedings of the Conference of International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences, Florence, 2017, ISBN 978-80-87927-43-4
- Guha A (2016) “Exchange Rate Movement of Developing Countries like India: An Alternative Theoretical Framework”, Proceedings of the Conference of International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences, ISBN 978-80-87927-19-9
- Guha A (2015) “A survey on Corporate Saving, Corporate Tax and Surplus”, ICSSR Research Surveys and Explorations on Economics, Vol. Industry, Oxford University Press
- Guha A & A Tripathi (2014) “Link Between Food Price Inflation and Rural Wage Dynamics” Economic & Political Weekly, xlIX nos 26 & 27, June 28
- Guha A (2014) “Undermining Panchayati Raj Institutions in Gujarat”, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol - XLIX No. 22, May 31
- Guha A & P.P. Pal (2014) “Global Ramifications of Reoriented U.S. Policies towards Employment Generation”, Market, Regulations and Finance, edited by Ratan Khasnabis & Indrani Chakravarti, Springer
- Guha A (2013) “Labour Market Flexibility in Indian Manufacturing”, Development on Trial: Shrinking Space for the Periphery, edited by Sunanda Sen and Anjan Chakrabarty, Orient Blackswan
- Guha A (2009) “Labour Market Flexibility in Indian Manufacturing: An empirical enquiry”, Economic and Political Weekly, May 9-15, 2009, Vol.44, No.19, pp 45-52
- Guha A (2008) “Evolution of Indian Organised Manufacturing Industrial Structure: A Comparison between Liberalised and Pre-Liberalised Regimes” Indian Industrial Development and Globalisation, (edited by S.R. Hasim et al.) pp. 63-88, Academic Foundation, New Delhi.
- Guha A (2007) “Exchange Rate Management in Gold Standard Era: A Historical Overview”, Economic and Political Weekly November 10-23, Vol. 42, No. 45-46, pp. 67-72.
- Guha, A. (2007) “Company size and Effective Corporate tax rate in Indian Manufacturing”, Economic and Political Weekly, May 19-25, 2007, Vol. 42 (20), pp. 1869-1874."
- Macroeconomics and Public Policy
- Development Economics
- International Economics
- Indian Economy
- International Development
- A chapter of “ Uttarakhand State Economic Survey-2019-20” on behalf of State Planning Commission and Ministry of Finance, Govt of Uttarakhand, (2020)
- “ Uttarakhand State Economic Survey-2016-17." on behalf of State Planning Commission and Ministry of Finance, Govt of Uttarakhand, (2017). This is the first economic survey of this state.
- Report on Impact Assessment of Community Development Work Carried Out by Tista Urja Limited in North Sikkim District of Sikkim (2014)
- Rural Development Report of India, 2013-14 of IDFC Rural Development Network for the Ministry of Rural Development, GOI (2014)
- Training Module for Statistical Cadre of DES, Govt. of Gujarat, Under GSSSP, for UNICEF (2014)
- 3rd State Finance Committee Report for the state of Gujarat, for Ministry of Panchayat, Govt. of Gujarat (2013)
- Rural Development Report of India,2012-13 of IDFC Rural Development Network for Ministry of Rural Development, GOI (2012)
- AUGUR Project, an international research project of the FP7 (Seventh Framework Programme) of the European Union, 2011-12
- Import Intensity of India’s Exports in Liberalized Trade Policy Regime, for Ministry of Commerce and Industries, Govt. of India, (2006)
- India and China in WTO: Building Complementarities and Competitiveness in the External Trade Sector, for Planning Commission, Govt. of India. (2005)
Chair -Doctoral Program (July 2022- till date)