Dr. Utkarsh has over eight years of teaching and research experience in the field of marketing management. He received MBA and Ph.D from University of Lucknow. Prior to joining IIM Kashipur, he worked as a faculty member at T A Pai Management Institute, Manipal. In the beginning of his academic career, he worked as a research associate at IIM Lucknow. His research interests include information search behaviour of consumers and consumer well-being. He has primarily explored the role of individual differences and consumer knowledge in information search and dissemination behaviour. His recent work focuses on enhancing the financial well-being of young adults.
He has published in reputed international journals such as International Journal of Consumer Studies, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Services Marketing Quarterly, The Marketing Review and Information Technology and Tourism. He has reviewed manuscripts for several journals and conferences including Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services and EMAC Conference (2017-2019), Sage Publications, and McGraw Hill India.
- Harmanjit Singh, Somnath Chakrabarti, Utkarsh (2023) "How do gratifications to read reviews and perceived reviewers’ credibility impact behavioural intentions in fashion e-commerce? A mediating-moderating perspective", Computers in Human Behavior, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2023.107677
- Prashant Kumar and Utkarsh, 2023 "Effects of in-store information quality and store credibility on consumer engagement in green retailing" Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2022.103195
- Pandey, A. and Utkarsh (2023), "Determinants of positive financial behavior: a parallel mediation model", International Journal of Emerging Markets, ahead-of-print. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJOEM-01-2022-0124
- Utkarsh. (2022). Tangible and intangible quality cues in service advertising: A construal level theory perspective. Journal of Global Scholars of Marketing Science, 1-17.
- Datta, S., & Utkarsh (2022). A qualitative study proposing service quality dimensions for video-on-demand services through over-the-top medium. International Journal of Pervasive Computing and Communications. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJPCC-05-2021-0122
- Utkarsh, & Gupta, R. K. (2022). Effects of confidence and social benefits on consumers’ extra-role and in-role behaviors: A social identity and social exchange perspective. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 65. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2021.102879
- Utkarsh, & Sigala, M. (2021). A bibliometric review of research on COVID-19 and tourism: Reflections for moving forward. Tourism management perspectives, 40. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tmp.2021.100912
- Utkarsh, A Pandey, A Ashta, E Speigelman, & A Sutan (2020) Catch Them Young: Impact of Financial Socialization, Financial Literacy, and Attitude toward money on Financial Well-being of young adults. International Journal of Consumer Studies, 44(6), 531-541.
- Utkarsh, Pandey, A., Ashta, A., Spiegelman, E., & Sutan, A. (2020). Exploration of financial stress indicators in a developing economy. Strategic Change, 29(3), 285-292.
- Utkarsh, Sangwan, S., & Agarwal, P. (2019). Effect of consumer self‐confidence on information search and dissemination: Mediating role of subjective knowledge. International Journal of Consumer Studies, 43(1), 46-57.
- Utkarsh, Agarwal, P., & Medhavi, S. (2019). Effect of consumer self-confidence and previous experience on information source preference. International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, 18(2), 137-151.
- Utkarsh, & Gupta, N. (2019). Message strategy of promotional e-mails in India: A content analysis. International Journal of Electronic Marketing and Retailing, 10(4), 351-367.
- Utkarsh. (2018). Examination of Credence and Non-Credence Service Advertisement Strategies in the United States and India. Services Marketing Quarterly, 39(3), 240-259.
- Utkarsh. (2017). Individual differences in consumer information search for services: A multiple mediation study. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 37(July), 33-42.
- Utkarsh, Maurya, H., & Medhavi, S. (2016). Differences in advertising strategies of service marketers: A content analysis. Services Marketing Quarterly, 37(2), 109-124.
- Utkarsh, & Medhavi, S. (2015). Information search behaviour of service consumers: Review and future directions. The Marketing Review, 15(2), 201-219.
- Utkarsh, & Gupta, D. D. (2014). Assessing the website effectiveness of top ten tourist attracting nations. Information Technology & Tourism, 14(2), 151-175.
Marketing Management, Marketing Research, Consumer Behaviour, Retail Management
• Director’s Commendation Award 2018 and 2019 for significant research contribution at T A Pai Management Institute
• Late GD Sardana Young Scholar Award 2016 by BIMTECH Noida
• Young Faculty Participant 2016 at 4th AIM-AMA Sheth Doctoral Consortium held at IMT Ghaziabad
• Awarded Junior Research Fellowship by University Grants Commission (UGC-JRF)
Chairperson - Placement & Corporate Relations (July 2022- till date)