VIVEK ROYAssistant Professor Operations Management & Decision Sciences Chair - Experiential Learning 91-7900444090 (Ext-239) firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Vivek Roy earned his Ph.D in Operations Management from the Indian Institute of Management Raipur. He also holds a Masters in Production Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) Varanasi.
His research primarily revolves around diverse frontiers in Operations and Supply Chain Management to address the interactions between global value chains, operations strategy, engineering and technology management, logistics management, purchasing and supply management, servitization, and sustainability. He further explores secondary areas of sustainable production and consumption, food safety and consumers, and higher education policy.
His works in the area of sustainable supply chain management from his Ph.D thesis that appeared in the International Journal of Operations and Production Management and Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management have often been referred to as seminal contributions by scholars in their citations. He has also published in top-tier outlets such as International Journal of Production Economics, International Journal of Logistics Management, Journal of Cleaner Production, Research in Transportation Business and Management and Journal of Consumer Behaviour. He also serves on the Editorial Board of Management Decision. Furthermore, he reviews frequently for about 14 renowned journals in the domain of operations and supply chain management including two titles from the prestigious FT 50.
- Prakash, C., Roy, V., & Charan, P. (2021). Mitigating interorganizational conflicts in humanitarian logistics collaboration: the roles of contractual agreements, trust and post-disaster environmental uncertainty phases. The International Journal of Logistics Management. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJLM-06-2021-0318
- Roy, V., Vijay, T. S., & Srivastava, A. (2021). The distinctive agenda of service failure recovery in e-tailing: Criticality of logistical/non-logistical service failure typologies and e-tailing ethics. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 64. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2021.102837
- Amonkar, R., Roy, V., & Patnaik, D. (2021). Intermodal service supply chain and seaport logistics performance. Supply Chain Forum: An International Journal, 22(2), 171-187.
- Roy, V., & Srivastava, S. K. (2021). The safety–quality dominant view of food chain integrity: Implications for consumer‐centric food chain governance. International Journal of Management Reviews. https://doi.org/10.1111/ijmr.12258.
- Roy, V. (2021). Contrasting supply chain traceability and supply chain visibility: Are they interchangeable?, International Journal of Logistics Management. In Press.
- Roy, V., & Schoenherr, T. (2020). Implications of Sectoral Logistical Capabilities for Export Competitiveness: A Public Policy Perspective for Interventions in the Logistics Sector. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. In Press.
- Roy, V., Schoenherr, T., & Charan, P. (2020). Toward an organizational understanding of the transformation needed for sustainable supply chain management: The concepts of force-field and differential efforts. Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management, 26(3).
- Roy, V., Silvestre, B. S., & Singh, S. (2020). Reactive and proactive pathways to sustainable apparel supply chains: Manufacturer's perspective on stakeholder salience and organizational learning toward responsible management. International Journal of Production Economics, 227, 107672.
- Roy, V. (2019). Decoding the elemental arcs of superior performance in sustainable supply chains. Management Decision, 57(9), 2570-2592.
- Roy, V., Schoenherr, T., & Charan, P. (2018). The thematic landscape of literature in sustainable supply chain management (SSCM). International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 38(4), 1091-1124.
- Roy, V., Charan, P., Schoenherr, T., & Sahay, B. S. (2018). Ensuring supplier participation toward addressing sustainability-oriented objectives of the mid-day meal supply chain. The International Journal of Logistics Management, 29(1), 456-475.
- Roy, V., Mitra, S. K., Chattopadhyay, M., & Sahay, B. S. (2018). Facilitating the extraction of extended insights on logistics performance from the logistics performance index dataset: A two-stage methodological framework and its application. Research in Transportation Business & Management, 28, 23-32.
- Roy, V., & Singh, S. (2017). Mapping the business focus in sustainable production and consumption literature: Review and research framework. Journal of Cleaner Production, 150, 224-236.
- Roy, V., Sahay, B. S., & Charan, P. (2017). Akshaya Patra (Bhilai): purchasing and supply management. Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, 7(1).
• Operations Strategy (Elective)
• Logistics Management (Elective)
• Purchasing and Supply Management (Elective)
• Service Supply Chain Management (Elective)
• Operations and Supply Chain Management (Core)
• Empirical and Qualitative Models in Operations and Supply Chain Management
Serves on the Editorial Board of Management Decision, a renowned journal published by Emerald.
Chair - Experiential Learning
Member of Doctoral Commitee.
Member of Research Committee.