Organizational Behavior & Human Resource+91-7900444090
IIT Kanpur Ph.D. | Certified POSH trainer | Researcher @Commonwealth Business council London | 14 years experience in management training | Speaker at International Meets| Animal rescuer and rehabilitator | Life member-People for Animals
I have been an assistant professor with the Indian Institute of Management Kashipur in Uttarakhand since 2015. I have been awarded a Ph.D. in behavioral sciences from the industrial and management engineering department of IIT Kanpur. Throughout my university years, I was attracted to academia. However, after earning top-notch bachelor's and master's degrees at the University of Calcutta, I became more interested in pursuing a doctorate. I worked as a researcher with Commonwealth Business Council, London for some time during my Ph.D. on innovation mapping between India and UK before joining International Management Institute Kolkata in 2011 as assistant professor, where I worked till April 2015.
I have held many important administrative positions at IIM Kashipur, which has helped me learn and grow as a leader and administrator. Posts like Chairperson (student affairs) for three years and Presiding Officer of the internal complaints committee between 2019-2022 has exposed me to experiences that are very rich on the one hand and highly challenging on the other. Facing the COVID-19 phase as the Chairperson (student affairs) was the most difficult time. However, with the help of some departments and a few others and the support of the Director, we could minimize the impact of COVID-19 on campus and successfully kept the campus almost COVID-free, fighting against all odds.
Management Development Programs
As the program director and facilitator, I have conducted and taught various long-term and short-term management development programs (MDP). I have run and facilitated MDPs of Government business houses like Indian Oil Corporation Ltd., Life Insurance Corporation of India, Defence Research and Development Organization, Allahabad Bank, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd., Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme of Government of India (TEQIP), State Institute of Education Management and Training (SIEM&T) under SCERT and others. These experiences have helped me develop and hone my training, speaking, and mutual learning skills.
Research and Review
Since authoring and publishing are equally important in a faculty cum researcher life, I have always spent considerable time researching and regularly publishing in international academic journals of repute and prestige like Industry and Innovation, Benchmarking, Journal of General Management, and others (please refer to the publication tab for details). In addition, I also serve as the reviewer of journals of prestigious publication houses like Sage, Springer, Elsevier, and Taylor and Francis.
- Samal, A., & Chatterjee, D. (2022). A moderated-mediation approach to LMX-outcome relationship in M&A. Journal of General Management, 47(3).
- Gumparthi, V. P., Srivastava, M., & Chatterjee, D. (2021). Turning Point Analysis of Brand Love Trajectories. Journal of Consumer Satisfaction, Dissatisfaction and Complaining Behavior, 34, 132-163.
- Samal, A., & Chatterjee, D. (2021). A Moderated - Mediation Approach to LMX Outcome Relationship in M&A. Journal of General Management. (forthcoming).
- Pani, V., Srivasatava, M., & Chatterjee, D. (2021). Turning Point Analysis of Brand Love Trajectories. Journal of Consumer Satisfaction, Dissatisfaction and Complaining Behaviour. (forthcoming).
- Samal, A., & Chatterjee, D. (2020). Rethinking Organizational Change: Towards a Conceptual Framework. South Asian Journal of Management, 27(2), 30-53.
- Omanwar, S., & Chatterjee, D. (2020). Fortis: Restructuring Service Excellence Training in Indian Healthcare Industry. Global Business Review, https://doi.org/10.1177%2F0972150920929196.
- Samal, A., Patra, S., & Chatterjee, D. (2019). Impact of culture on organizational readiness to change: context of bank M&A. Benchmarking: An International Journal,
- Choudhury, S. S., & Chatterjee, D. (2019). CGPL—Survival Through Engagement at a Time of Turbulence. Global Business Review,
- Mewafarosh, R., & Chatterjee, D. Deprivation and Social Exclusion of LGBT Community in India. International Journal of Research in Business Studies, 4(1).
- Sachdeva, L., & Chatterjee, D. (2018). The Fall and Rise of Cotton Yarn ‘Manja’. Global Business Review, 19(3), 802-812.
- Chatterjee, D., & Samal, A. (2017). Triple Talaq and the Land Mark Judgment: Women One Step Up the Social Ladder. International Journal of Engineering Technology Science and Research, 4(12), 927-931.
- Chatterjee, D., & Mitra, A. (2017). Communication Spectrum within the Healthcare Industry: A Gap Analysis, International Journal of Engineering Technology Science and Research, 4(6).
- Chatterjee, D. (2014). Leadership in innovators and defenders: The role of cognitive personality styles. Industry and Innovation, 21(5), 430-453.
- Chatterjee, D., & Patra, S. (2014). Identifying the need and implementing the change process through Collaborative Decision Making. Journal of Organisation & Human Behaviour, 3(2/3), 58-62.
- Chatterjee, D. (2014). Management control systems and Hofstede’s cultural dimensions: An empirical study of innovators and low innovators. Global Business Review, 15(3), 565-582.
- Chatterjee, D. (2013). Management Practices of Ambidextrous Organizations. Asia Pacific Journal of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, 7(2), 55-81.
- Chatterjee, D., & Sharma, R. R. K. (2012). Choosing the Right Control System for Organizational Strategies: Adapting Cultures and Best-Fit Leadership. Lap Lambert Academic Publishing.
- Chatterjee, D., & Patra, S. (2013). Change or No Change? An Analytical Perspective, 7th ISDSI & 5th OSCM International Conference, December 28-30,2013, International Management Institute Delhi.
- Chatterjee, D., & Sharma, RRK. (2013) Comparing Innovators Engaged in Ambidexterity: Case of Two Multinational Giants, IEEE International Conference on Business Innovation and Technology Management, May 17-19, 2013, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.
- Chatterjee, D., et.al. (2009). Management problem solving styles and behavioural practices of leaders in Innovators and Defenders, in the proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Decision Sciences in Global Enterprise Management, Eds. Karuna Jain and Rahul Patil, Macmillan Publishers, pp. 222-234. ISBN: 10: 0230-63725-6; ISBN: 13: 978-0230-63725-2.
- Chatterjee, D., et.al. (2008). The innovators: a complete framework of organizational mechanisms, XII Annual International Conference of Society of Operations Management, December 19-21, IIT Kanpur, India.
- Chatterjee, D., et.al. (2008). Important differences in management control systems, cultural dimensions and management practices of innovators, prospectors and defenders. In 3rd European Conference on Entrepreneurship and Innovation, The University of Winchester, September 15 (Vol. 16).
- Chatterjee, D., et.al. (2008). Innovation in the Context of Flexibility and Competitiveness: A Relational Approach Through Affinity Diagram, Eds. Madhani, P.M., New Delhi, India.
- Chatterjee, D & Singh, A. P. (2020, January 16-18). Zone of Possible Agreement in Negotiation: Impact of Gender and Personality. 11th Business & Management Conference, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Choudhury, S. S., & Chatterjee, D. (2019, January 1-5). Employee Engagement at a Time Of Turbulence: A Case Study Of India’s First Ultra Mega Power Plant. Clute International Academic Conference on Business (IACB), Maui, United States of America.
- Samal, A., & Chatterjee, D. (2018, March 22-23). Triple Talaq And The Landmark Judgment. ICBEMM, 20th international conference on Business, economics and marketing management, Singapore.
- Samal, A., & Chatterjee, D. (2017, December 28-29). Triple Talaq and the Land Mark Judgment: Women One Step Up the Social Ladder? JBREC International Conference on Advancements and Innovations in Engineering, Technology& Management (ICAIETM2017), Hyderabad, India.
- Chatterjee, D., & Mitra, A. (2017, October 8-12). Data Transfer and its Acceptance-Exploration of Effectiveness in the Healthcare Industry. HEALTHINFO 2017 International Conference, Athens, Greece.
- Chatterjee, D., & Mitra, A. (2017, May 11). Communication Spectrum within the Healthcare Industry: A Gap Analysis. 6th International Conference on Engineering Technology, Science and Management Innovation, Delhi, India.
- Patra, S., Mitra, a., & Chatterjee, D. (2017, aPRIL 10-13). Discovering the Contemporary Environmental Discourse in Social Media: A Topic Analysis Approach. International Journal of Arts & Sciences’ (IJAS) International Conference for Academic Disciplines, Paris, France.
- Chatterjee, D., Omanwar, S.,& Patra, S. (2017, April 5-7)and, Influence of Cultural dimensions on Management practices in Hospitals: A Study of Indian Subcontinent, London, UK, 5 - 7 April 2017.
- Chatterjee, D. (2016, March 21-25). Analysis of the Consequences of Change on Medium Enterprises: Evidence from Two Family Businesses. International Journal of Arts & Sciences’ (IJAS) International Conference for Business and Economics, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, USA.
- Chatterjee, D., & Patra, S. (2013, December 28-30) Change or No Change? An Analytical Perspective. 7th ISDSI & 5th OSCM International Conference, Delhi, India.
- Chatterjee, D., & Sharma, RRK. (2013, May 17-19). Comparing Innovators Engaged in Ambidexterity: Case of Two Multinational Giants. 2013 IEEE International Conference on Business Innovation and Technology Management, Beijing, China.
- Chatterjee, D., et. al. (2009). Management Problem Solving Styles and Behavioral Practices of Leaders in Innovators and Defenders: A Comparative Study. ISDSI 2009, 2nd International Conference on Decision Sciences in Global Enterprise Management, Mumbai, India.
- Chatterjee, D., et. al. (2008, December 19-21). The innovators: a complete framework of organizational mechanisms. XII Annual International Conference of Society of Operations Management, Kanpur, India.
- Chatterjee, D., et. al. (2008, September 15-16). Important differences in management control systems, cultural dimensions and management practices of innovators, prospectors and defenders” 3rd European Conference on Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Winchester, United Kingdom.
- Chatterjee, D., et. al. (2007, December 27-29). Innovation in the Context of flexibility and Competitiveness: An Inter-relational Study using Affinity Diagram. IBSA.ICON 07, International Conference on Management, Ahmedabad, India.
- Organizational behavior I
- Organizational Behavior II
- Managing organizational change
- Research in advanced OB
- Diversity and inclusion
- Prevention of sexual harassment at workplace
- Innovation management 8. Leadership
My teaching interest includes micro and macro organizational behaviour, managing organizational change, diversity and inclusion at the workplace, leadership and many other thought-provoking and necessary courses in the MBA/MBAA/Ph.D./EMBA/EMBAA curriculum.
- Organizational change and decision making
- Fostering innovation and innovative culture
- Gender diversity, inclusion and rights
- Social issues of LGBTQIA+ and their redressal
- Library Committee Member (2015-2019, 2022-present)
- International Relations Committee (2022-present)
- Chairperson, Student Affairs (2019-2022)
- Presiding Officer, Internal Complaints committee (2019-2022)
- Disciplinary Committee Member (2019-2022)
- COVID Steering Committee Member (2019-22)
- MBA Committee Member (2019-2022)
- MBAA Committee Member (2019-2022)
- Area Chairperson, OBHR (2016-2018)
- Nodal Teacher at IIM Kashipur, an initiative by the Ministry of Women and Child Development, GoI. (2015-16).
- Thesis Advisory Committee member of Ph.D and EFPM students.
- Comprehensive committee member of Ph.D and EFPM students.
- Committee member of Sexual Harassment: Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal Committee (2017-2019).