KUMKUM BHARTIAssociate Professor Marketing Chair - MBA Program +91-7900444091 (Ext-211) email@example.com
Dr. Kumkum Bharti holds a Doctorate Degree in Marketing from Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Uttarakhand and post-graduation from National Institute of Technology, Surathkal, Karnataka (Silver Medalist). She has over seven years of teaching experience in the marketing area. She has taught previously in National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra, Haryana and FORE School of Management, New Delhi. She has taught various courses such as Marketing Management-I, Marketing Management II, Rural Marketing, Design Thinking and Innovation in her present and previous work assignments.
Her research interest area includes the study of Bottom (or Base) of the Pyramid (BOP), Service dominant (S-D) logic, customer experience (CX), co-creation, and qualitative research in marketing. Her work has been published in various journals and conferences such as Marketing Intelligence and Planning, International Journal of Market Research, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Journal of Cleaner Production, Foresight, Journal of Career Development, Procedia, International Journal of Business and Emerging Markets, etc. She has attended more than 20 international and national conferences in India and abroad in her academic career. Her Ph.D. thesis focused on understanding value co-creation for the Bottom of the Pyramid (BOP) consumers. She has won Noel Doerr Gold Medal for the best paper presented in the 71st Sugar Technology Association of India (STAI), Hyderabad in 2013. She has worked on a project 'Co-creation in Social Entrepreneurship' in partnership with Copenhagen Business School, Denmark and FGV, Sao Paulo, Brazil. In 2018, She worked on the project ‘Research study on ‘One decade of MGNREGA: A participatory assessment and Way forward’ as a co-PI with a total funding of Rs.19.21 lakhs by Ministry of Rural Development, India from December 2017-June 2018. The final presentation of the project took place in May 2020. In this project, she visited higher regions of Uttarakhand state and interiors of Uttar Pradesh state to identify best performing and worst performing villages to assess the MGNREGA scheme of Government. MGNREGA is the world’s largest scheme ever launched by any government in the world for job creation for poor.
In the last five years of my service to IIM Kashipur, Uttarakhand (India), I have conducted or participated in MDPs for clients such as Tata Chemicals, Madrassa Teachers Training, Life Insurance Corporation (LIC), Bharat Electricals Limited (BEL), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), DRDO (Forthcoming), Indian Oil Corporation (Forthcoming), among others.
- Sadiq, M., Bharti, K., Adil, M., & Singh, R. (2021). Why do consumers buy green apparel? The role of dispositional traits, environmental orientation, environmental knowledge, and monetary incentive. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 62, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2021.102643
- Gaur, J., and Bharti, K. (2020). Attribution Modeling in Marketing: literature review and Research Agenda. Academy of Marketing Studies Journal, 24(4), 1-21.
- Adil, M., Nasir, M., Sadiq, M., & Bharti, K. (2020). SSTQUAL model: assessment of ATM service quality in an emerging economy. International Journal of Business Excellence, 22(1), 114-138.
- Sadiq, M., Paul, J., & Bharti, K. (2020). Dispositional traits and organic food consumption. Journal of Cleaner Production, 266, 121961.
- Sindhu, P., & Bharti, K. (2020). Mapping customer experience: A taxonomical study using bibliometric visualization. VINE Journal of Information and Knowledge Management Systems, https://doi.org/10.1108/VJIKMS-11-2019-0178.
- Bharti, K., Agrawal, R., & Sharma, V. (2018). Embrace, before it is too late! Prediction of future studies on value co-creation. International Journal of Business Excellence, 14(1), 121-151.
- Bharti, K., & Agrawal, R. (2018). High customer involvement: An essential element for effective co-creation. International Journal of Business Innovation and Research, 15(4), 431-451.
- Bharti, K., Agrawal, R. & Sharma, V. (2015). Value co-creation: Literature review and Proposed Conceptual Framework. International Journal of Market Research, 57(4), 571-604.
- Bharti, K., Agrawal, R. & Sharma, V. (2014). What drives the customer of world’s largest market to participate in value co-creation? Marketing Intelligence and Planning, 32(5), 413-435.
- Bharti, K., Sharma, V. Agrawal, R., & Sengar, A. (2014). Marketer’s Mindsets: Key to Develop Bottom of the Pyramid Markets. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 133, 169-179.
- Bharti, K., Agrawal, R., Sharma, V. & Sengar, A. (2014). Prioritisation of barriers to rural markets: integrating fuzzy logic and AHP. International Journal of Business and Emerging Markets. 6(4), 371-394.
- Bharti, K., Agrawal, R., & Sharma, V. (2014). A Vedic view on the evolution of Bottom of the pyramid in Ancient India and Role of Marketers in its Disintegration. VFIM Bi-Annual International Journal, 6(2), 22-31.
- Bharti, K., Agrawal, R., Sharma, V. & Sengar, A. (2013). Innovative Product Development at the Bottom of the Pyramid. International Journal on Spirituality and Organizational Leadership, 1(2), 50-62.
|MBA (Full Time)||
- Research study on ‘One decade of MGNREGA: A participatory assessment and Way forward’ by Ministry of Rural Development, India (2018)
- The title of 'Distinguished Alumna' was conferred in 2019 by National Institute of Technology Surathakal, Karnataka (India)
- Coordinator, Design and Innovation Centre, IIM Kashipur UGC,
- JRF (2010)
- Noel Doerr Gold Medal for Best Paper Award by STAI, 2013
|Chairperson, MBA Program||July 2022-ongoing|
|Chairperson, Internal Complaints Committee||September 2021- June 2022|
|Chairperson, Alumni Relations||2018-2020|
|Chairperson, Design Innovation Centre||2018- ongoing|
|Member, MBA committee||2019-ongoing|
|Member, Placement Committee||2018-2020|
|Member, Green Campus Committee||2020-ongoing|
|Chairperson, Management Fest and events||2016-2020|
|Chairperson, Sign and Signages committee||2021-2023|
|Member, MDP committee||2021-2022|